NEW RELEASES NOW 20% OFF EVERY DAY.
The target date to order textbooks for your students for the summer term is March 1, 2014 to ensure that they are here at the start of term:
- Course packs now up to 33% cheaper at the UBC Bookstore. Find out why.
- All information about Copyright at UBC is here. Please check the new processes as we all have to be careful with the materials that we're copying now. Rest assured, we have the new process covered. Please note, Canadian Copyright law does not allow us to bring in international editions of books (these are not legal in Canada). If you have any questions about copyright please email and consider attending a workshop.
We offer a wide range of TEXTBOOKS (course materials) at all locations: Vancouver, Okanagan, + the Sauder School of Business (ebooks and custom course packs only during Sept and Jan back to school periods at Sauder).
Textbook FAQs including ebooks, rental, used, custom course and online ordering.
RENT TEXTBOOKS: If you are interested in renting your textbooks to save up to 55%. Rent and return at the end of the term with savings of up to 55%. Winter term 2 (January 2014) return date is May 3, 2014.
If a new book is $100, to rent it will be $45. You can rent many books over $50 (exceptions include certain science titles, ebooks or custom course).
Can't find your rental textbook? Try our partner's site (please note they have their own policies) 5 million + rental textbooks: UBC Vancouver and UBC Okanagan.
FIVE CHOICES for you for a range of budgets and learning needs: used, rental, ebooks, new and custom. Working closely with faculty and publishers, our experts build the textbook lists in-store.
NEW BUYBACK APP - Buyback closed until March 3:
Sell your books back for cash Monday to Friday throughout the year (except for two blackout periods - mid September to November 4 and 13 Jan to beginning of March). We are also now purchasing for multiple campuses to give you better value and more choice!
General (non-course) books
NEW RELEASES NOW 20% OFF EVERY DAY.
- Our large and globally diverse selection of non-course (general) books includes latest best sellers and books you cannot find anywhere else in the Lower Mainland, along with a book club to provide you with additional discounts. We sell a wide range of books for children and young readers as well.
- Medical books (in-store and 750,000 + online). If you cannot find the book you need online or in-store, please contact us as we can special order most books in North America for you. FREE SHIPPING to VGH and other UBC affiliates located outside UBC Campus every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If you would like a rush delivery requiring us to use a courier service, there will be a flat freight charge of $7.00. Don't forget we also have a wide range of medical instruments and supplies in-store and online.
- Faculty and instructors, we would welcome your input on the books we carry in-store. Please contact us and we will send you a current list for your department. You can then let us know which titles are relevant and which new titles you would like to see.
- Departmental customers: no GST at the UBC Bookstore on general books when paying with a JV or P-card.
- We sell a wide range of books for children and young readers as well. If you're looking for a book we do not stock, we can order most books that are in distribution in North America with our special order service.
- Authors: If you're a Faculty author, or looking for one, we stock them here, as well as hosting author events on and beyond campus, please contact us with any questions.
- The Robson Reading Series concluded at the end of March 2013.
Looking for information on other books at UBC? The library may be able to help.