Price Match Guarantee
The price match guarantee program is designed to help students conveniently purchase new textbooks from the UBC Bookstore at the lowest possible price. Find a new textbook, in stock, for less at another major Canadian online retailer and we'll match the price, plus give you 10% of the difference.
How it Works
1. Purchase your textbook(s) at the UBC Bookstore. Textbooks must be purchased new.
2. Complete the price match guarantee form.
3. Print a screenshot of the competitor's textbook web page and include the time, date, URL, book title, price, availability and ISBN (international standard book number). The book(s) must be new and sold by a major Canadian online retailer.
4. Bring the completed form, printed screenshot, original UBC Bookstore receipt and UBCcard to the Bookstore refunds counter or information desk. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. See the submission guide for more details.
5. Receive a refund for the difference via your original form of payment. Only verified submissions will receive refunds. You will be contacted when your submission has been verified or denied.
- Submissions must include a screenshot indicating the time, date, URL, book title, price, availability and ISBN (international standard book number) of the competitor textbook(s) web page.
- Price difference refunds will only be given to complete and verified submissions. Applicants will need to return to the store at a later date to receive their refund. During busy times, please allow up to two weeks for processing.
- The UBC Bookstore textbook and competitor textbook must be identical (same ISBN and edition) and in new condition.
- Prices for comparison will include shipping and handling.
- Sellers must be major Canadian online retailers or publishers, such as amazon.ca and chapters.indigo.ca, and excludes peer-to-peer, auction, flea markets, garage sales and marketplace sites. Price matching does not apply to special offers or promotions, including mail-in offers, rebates, free-with-purchase offers, membership group or club pricing, limited quantity offers, bundled promotions, typographical errors, coupons or special financing. For textbooks listed on amazon.ca, the seller must be Amazon, not a third-party seller.
- Online quotes must be in-stock and receivable within 7 days. If the book is listed as "out of stock", the submission will be denied.
- Price guarantee applies only to textbooks that are required for the current semester (i.e., assigned by an instructor) and does not include rental textbooks, used textbooks, course packages, custom publications, digital versions, international and instructor editions or materials other than new textbooks.
- One price match refund per customer, per title.
- Price matches must be submitted before the return deadline of your Bookstore purchase and must be submitted in-store.
- The UBC Bookstore receives the right to refuse a price match guarantee. The details of this offer may be subject to change.