Local and Canadian-made Products
The UBC Bookstore sustainability begins with local endeavours that trigger global impact. That means working with local vendors and providing Canadian-made products that reflect UBC’s larger sustainability plan. Local vendors are a sustainable choice due to the reduction of carbon emissions produced from long-haul transportation (less miles to arrive at our doorstep = less greenhouse gases).
Indigenous engagement is also a core focus for The UBC Bookstore. We collaborate with UBC‘s Indian Residential School and Dialog Centre, and the Orange Shirt Society on Orange Shirt Day programming. Read more about Indigenous engagement at UBC Bookstore.
We support local and Canadian vendors such as:
- Native Northwest: Supporting Indigenous artists by paying for artwork and royalties for gift ware merchandise.
- Canadian Art Prints: Focusing on art cards with Indigenous artists
- Panabo Sales: Comprehensive range of gift and souvenir products supporting Canadian vendors and Indigenous artists.
- William Rae Design: Proudly handcrafted and framed art from Edmonton, Alberta.
- Attraction: Canadian family-owned businesses and local clothing supplier
- Barbarian Rugby: Locally made and customized clothing.
Student & Alumni Entrepreneurs
The UBC Bookstore supports Student Entrepreneurs by showcasing and selling merchandise made by UBC students and alumni. If in store, look for the ‘Made by You, for You’ sign for our latest collection of products provided by UBC student entrepreneurs.
Read About Our Safety Measures
The safety of the UBC community is our top priority. Please review the
measures we’re taking to keep our customers safe.