Custom Imprint FAQs
Can I sell my custom imprinted items at the UBC Bookstore?
Yes! Please contact our Custom Imprint Buyer to discuss consignment opportunities through the UBC Bookstore.
How long will it take to get my custom imprint order?
Most bulk-ordered custom imprinted items take 6-8 weeks for production (this does not include shipping times from the vendor to the Bookstore). Some items are eligible for rush processing, rush charges will typically apply. Please note that single custom clothing items from the Faculty Branded page take 6-8 weeks, and cannot be rushed.
How do I pay for my custom imprint order?
You must submit payment info at the time of placing your order – we hold payment info and do not bill your order until it has arrived at the Bookstore and been checked for accuracy and quality assurance.
If you are ordering for a department please request a quote, and then you can either:
§ Authorize payment on an open account at the Bookstore (provide your driver worktag information for us to check or help you set up the account) OR
§ Pay online using a departmental credit card
If you are ordering for a student group with an AMS account then please request an invoice and then submit a cheque payable to the UBC Bookstore.
If you are ordering for yourself or a small group that are not affiliated with an undergraduate society or department then please request a quote and we will provide the steps to make a payment using a credit card.
How do I submit artwork to be used on my custom imprint items?
If you just want to put the UBC crest and some text on your item, you can simply describe what you want and we will adhere to the UBC Branding guidelines to produce a mockup for you.
If you want something other than UBC Crest and text, then you must submit an original vector artwork file (.eps or .ai). If you do not have your artwork in vector format, then usually it is just a small, one-time fee (around $30) to have your artwork converted into the proper format.
How do I get submit a quote request to get pricing on custom imprint items?
How are custom imprinted items priced?
Custom imprint pricing is always quantity-dependent so the higher the quantities, the lower the per-item pricing.
In addition to quantity:
Clothing pricing is driven largely by:
- Imprint type (screenprint vs. embroidery)
- Design complexity (more colors = higher pricing)
- Number of imprints (e.g., front of shirt, back of shirt, sleeve, etc.)
Giftware pricing is driven largely by:
- Design complexity
- Number of imprints
Can I order just one piece of custom clothing or giftware?
Yes, if you are ordering from one of our established programs on this page.
Otherwise, you must stick to our minimum order quantities for clothing which are:
- Screenprinted items: 24
- Embroidered pieces: 12
For giftware (such as drinkware and lanyards) minimum order quantities are item-dependent. Please contact the Custom Imprint Buyer to request more information on either of these.
Why should I order my custom items from the UBC Bookstore?
- At the UBC Bookstore we ensure that all UBC branded items adhere strictly to UBC’s branding guidelines. This means that you can be confident that your custom items are on brand and are representing UBC.
- We are proud of our Living Our Values statement, and all of our clothing items are sourced from Fair Labour Association (FLA) compliant vendors. This means you can rest assured that your imprinted clothing was made ethically and followed environmentally responsible practices.
- In addition to our No Sweat Policy, we support local and make every effort to work with local and Canadian vendors wherever possible.
- Finally, a portion of all the UBC Bookstore’s proceeds go back into the university, which means that your purchase helps to support your local UBC community.